We are a lively, flourishing Local Authority Nursery School in Bristol. Our School Community includes children from 2 to 5 years old, their parents and carers. It is staffed by a Headteacher, Deputy Head, Nursery Teachers, Nursery Nurses, Early Years Practitioners and support staff, all of whom have extensive experience of working with young children. Our staff team is built around the child to ensure that each child and parent/carer is well supported by a key person.
For more information on what you and your child can expect you can download St Philip’s and Cashmore brochure 2022
3-4 year olds – We offer a variety of ways in which you can access the 15 hours free early education entitlement, including whole days, morning sessions and afternoon sessions. We also offer Breakfast and Afterschool Clubs (Froglets) and you can top-up with additional sessions if you wish.
For families experiencing particular difficulties, we can offer some free additional hours. These are allocated according to Local Authority criteria. Please discuss this with the Headteacher if you would like more information.
The Nursery School also offers 30 hours per week for 38 weeks per year free education and care to families who meet the government guidelines. Please download the 30 hours brochure for further information. The Nursery School will also be able to offer additional hours to families who may not meet these criteria. We will be happy to discuss individual circumstances with you on application. For further information click here.
2 year olds – We offer paid day care and funded free education for two year old places. You may be eligible for a free place if you receive the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit (or both), and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
2-year-olds can also get free childcare if they:
- are looked after by a local authority
- have an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- get Disability Living Allowance
- have left care under an adoption order, special guardianship order or a child arrangements order
If you do not qualify for a free place we can also offer paying places Pricing and Extended School services | St Philips Marsh Nursery School
Further information on tax free child care and 30 hours child care can also be found here: