The School was originally built as an Infant School in 1921 in an area of ‘back to back’ terraced houses. The school was very much at the heart of the community – we have parents, grandparents and a Governor who came to the school and lived in ‘the Marsh.’
As a result of bombing during the war, and demolition in the fifties and sixties, the housing has gone and light industry has replaced it.
The Infant School became St. Philip’s Marsh Nursery School in 1951 and is now situated in an industrial and business area.
Nowadays families and children using the School come from Brislington, St. Annes, Broomhill, Totterdown, Knowle, Redfield, St. George and Whitchurch. Families represent all socioeconomic groups and the School community includes a diverse cultural mix. The School is committed to the inclusion of children with additional needs.